Afrin Nasal Spray is to be used for temporary relief of nasal congestion caused by various conditions. These conditions include:
- The Common Cold
- Hay Fever
Afrin works by narrowing the blood vessels in the nose area, thereby reducing swelling and congestion. Please only use this medication as directed by us. If you have any questions about your medication, please do not hesitate to reach out to your doctor or pharmacist at any time.
How to use it:
- Gently blow your nose prior to using the medication
- Using your finger close the nostril on the side not receiving the medication.
- Keep your head upright and place the spray tip into your open nostril
- Spray as you breathe in through your nose
- Sniff hard a few times to be sure the medication reaches deep into your nose
- Repeat these steps if needed
- Once settled rinse the spray tip with hot water or wipe clean with a tissue and replace the cap after each use
Don’t let the water go into the bottle.
Avoid spraying into your eyes or into the middle of the inside of your nose.
Please note that this medication only provides temporary relief. Do not use more often, use more sprays, or use longer than prescribed as doing this may increase the risk of potential side effects. Inform your doctor if your condition worsens or persists.
Types of Side Effects:
- Temporary burning, stinging, or dryness of the nose
- Runny Nose
Tell Your Doctor Right Away If You Experience:
- Abnormal Heartrates
- Mental or Mood Changes
- Trouble Sleeping
- Unusual Sweating
- Trouble Breathing
If you notice that you have other side effects not listed above, please contact Riviera Allergy immediately. When you need allergy relief in Torrance or Redondo Beach, CA, turn to Riviera Allergy for relief.