It’s estimated that approximately 20 million Americans suffer from some form of asthma, with the rates only increasing.
For allergy asthma relief, most doctors have found that the best method is to find a way to avoid triggers, while looking into the possibility of a pharmaceutical treatment for asthma at the same time.
1. Find an effective inhaler. Almost all patients who are diagnosed with asthma will be prescribed an inhaler treatment that cuts down on the incidence of bronchospasms.
2. Avoid environmental triggers. Staying out of areas that have a high rate of pollution or poor air quality is helpful in seeking allergy asthma relief. Always try to stay in a well-ventilated area.
3. Take regularly scheduled allergy shots or medication. It’s vital to stay up to date with your shots, even if you are not currently experiencing any negative allergy symptoms.
4. Consider a leukotriene inhibitor treatment. Leukotrienes are chemical substances that can cause inflammation. By inhibiting their growth in the body, you can then cut down on the incidence of allergy or asthma flare-ups. These treatments are usually available in pills or tablets that can be mixed with food.
5. Control your emotions. Although mood regulation is not the only way to find allergy asthma relief, stress has been linked to attacks and should be avoided if possible.
6. Avoid household triggers. Cleaning sheets, having your house inspected for mold, and eliminating any other triggers will go a long way in ensuring that you avoid flare-ups.
7. Treat the underlying inflammation. Because attacks are caused by an inflammation, if you go directly to the source you will experience the highest success with your allergy asthma relief.
8. Watch your diet. If you have known allergies, these should be cut out of your household. A good way to learn whether or not you have allergies is to ask the doctor for an allergy test, in the interest of providing preventive allergy and asthma care.
9. Find a way to reduce smoke inhalation. If you are a smoker, quitting is one of the best ways to find instant allergy asthma relief. Those living with other smokers in the house might want to designate an outdoors smoking area, particularly in the interest of providing an asthma treatment for children.
10. Exercise with caution. If you exercise outdoors, you stand the risk of double trouble in combining seasonal allergies with respiratory strain that could lead to an asthma attack. Always take care and bring your inhaler.
If you found this article helpful you might like to visit http://www.rivieraallergy.com/ where you’ll find more information on how to achieve allergy asthma relief, seasonal allergy relief, and read more information about allergy and asthma center.
About Riviera Allergy: An allergist is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of allergy symptoms and manifestations, such as sinusitis, sinus infections, postnasal drip and asthma attacks. Riviera Allergy Medical Center, headed by Ulrike Ziegner, MD, PhD is an allergy and asthma center that specializes in treatment for asthma, allergy and asthma care, skin allergy treatment, and asthma treatment for children. To schedule an appointment, call 310.792.9050. For additional information please visit http://www.rivieraallergy.com