Every year, millions of Americans seek seasonal allergy relief. Allergy medications are mainly built to suppress the symptoms of allergies.
The major difference between these medications and allergy shots, is that the shots are formulated to instead offer a form of persistent relief. They make your body react differently to triggers that used to cause symptoms, for a more permanent form of seasonal allergy treatment. The following are the top ten benefits of these shots.
1. Shots fight the problem at the source. These shots can help make the body immune to those triggers that used to cause allergic reactions. This is a completely different approach than other over the counter or prescription medications, and is considered to be far more effective.
3. Reduction in the rate of developing new allergens. Patients who have gone through a treatment of allergy shots are far less likely to be allergic to other allergens in the future.
4. Shots are more effective against some substances than others. This treatment tends to work best against insect venoms, seasonal allergies, and anything that is inhaled. Therefore it is suitable for a wide range of different allergies, in comparison to some other treatments that would only work for one allergy at a time.
5. Treatment can be given over a set period of time. Many treatment sessions will last approximately five years, for the best results over time with allergy shots.
7. You can save money on expensive medications. Without the need to keep purchasing over the counter medications or other prescriptions, you will save a great deal of time and money with these preventive shots.
8. Removal of sensitivity. The original sensitivity that you had to a particular allergic trigger can be removed with the persistent use of allergy shots, according to many studies.
9. Easy availability. The best place to learn more about allergy shots and whether or not they might work in your specific case would be to visit an allergy and asthma center, where you can be tested for allergies and have the shots administered.
10. The dosage can be controlled. Some doctors find it easier to control the dosage with shots rather than oral medications, which is particularly useful when giving treatment to small children.
Riviera Allergy is a group of skin allergy treatment specialists who provide testing for food allergies and allergy shots. For more helpful tips on allergy and online casino asthma care, visit http://www.rivieraallergy.com/