Father’s Day is all about spending time with dear old dad, but if dad suffers from allergies it can be hard to find things to do together. At Riviera Allergy Medical Center (RAMC) we provide year-round advice which helps allergy sufferers cope with everyday triggers. Our allergy treatment specialist, Dr. Ulrike Ziegner, also has a few recommendations to help make sure that dads who suffer from allergies, asthma, and food sensitivities have a memorable and fun day with their families:
- Skeeter Snacks: Started by two dads of nut-allergic kids, Skeeter Snacks makes products that are completely peanut and tree nut free. Unlike other “allergy foods,” their products are delicious and don’t cost a fortune. Products include Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies, All-Natural Cinnamon Grahams, and Chocolate Chunk Cookies.
- Allergy Eats: The site helps choose restaurants based on allergic customers’ feedback. Select a food allergy or intolerance and choose a location, or enter part of a restaurant name to find out if they have any comments. The site includes food allergy dining tips, allergy-friendly bakeries, and even has an online guide to allergy-friendly restaurants at Disney World.
- SunButter: SunButter® is a delicious and healthy alternative to peanut butter. Made from specially roasted sunflower seeds, it is completely peanut-free, tree-nut free and gluten-free. Packed with nutrition, SunButter® is an excellent choice for people with peanut allergies. It goes with fruit, jams, jellies and crackers and can be used in a variety of peanut-free recipes for everything from appetizers to main dishes to desserts.
- Allergy Free Gift Baskets: Check out the “Snacker’s Choice” which includes savory cassava chips, caramel corn, two fruit crisps, a tub of pumpkin seeds, crunchy tortilla chips and a box of allergy free cookies. Or try a “Dad’s Snacker” – a sure-to-win assortment of tasty BBQ cassava chips, a 7 oz. tub of pistachios, a 5 oz. tub of banana chips, a box of chocolate brownie bites and a snack bar.
- Nutphree’s Cupcakes: This is a family-owned and operated bakery that specializes in cupcakes that are peanut and tree nut-free. Try the Chocolate, Vanilla Chocolate, Red Velvet Cream Cheese, or Carrot Cake Cream Cheese. They also have yummy cakes and cookies for dads with allergies.
We are always looking for ways to help our patients breathe easier and live better with advanced solutions for allergy and asthma. Dr. Ziegner also treats immunodeficiency disorders, autoimmune disorders, drug allergies, insect or venom allergies, bronchitis and chronic cough, and anaphylaxis.
About RAMC – Riviera Allergy Medical Center offers comprehensive treatment for the most common food allergies, skin allergy medicine, and asthma prevention. Located at 1711 Via El Prado, Suite 101 in Redondo Beach, the allergy and asthma center is headed by renowned seasonal allergy treatment specialist, Dr. Ulrike Ziegner. Visit the website and Facebook page or call 310-792-9050 for more information or to schedule an appointment for allergy treatment.